Before we heard, “I’ll be back,” there was “CROM.” Avid fantasy fans will be thrilled to know that Arnold Schwarzenegger will be revisiting the role of Conan. If you have seen the original films, they all end with Conan sitting upon his throne at an elder age – a glimpse into the future when he forged a kingdom with his own hand. The new film, Legend of Conan, will focus on this time period.
Chris Morgan, Producer commented, “This movie picks up Conan where Arnold is now in his life, and we will be able to use the fact that he has aged in this story,” Morgan said. “I love the property of ‘Conan’ so much that I wouldn’t touch it unless we came up with something worthy. We think this is a worthy successor to the original film. Think of this as Conan’s ‘Unforgiven.’
This is big news for the fantasy genre. Amongst a throng of fantasy fans, the day will not pass without hearing at least one line quoted from Conan the Barbarian.
“I always loved the Conan character and I’m honored to be asked to step into the role once again. I can’t wait to work with Universal and the great team of Fredrik Malmberg and Chris Morgan to develop the next step of this truly epic story.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
If you are late to the party, please snag your copy of Conan the Barbarian – or at least rent it.
The Legend of Conan is scheduled for a 2014 release.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger and ‘Conan the Barbarian’ Are Back In Action (hollywood.com)
- Schwarzenegger Back as Conan in New Movie The Legend of Conan (dreadcentral.com)
- Arnold Schwarzenegger To Return As Older Conan The Barbarian, Please Disregard Jason Momoa’s Version (movieline.com)
- Schwarzenegger to star in ‘Conan’ reboot (variety.com)
- Schwarzenegger to star in `The Legend of Conan’ (seattletimes.com)